The Tokio Marine Group is committed to the continuous enhancement of corporate value, with customer trust at the base of all its activities. Guided by this corporate philosophy, we, the Tokio Marine Group, shall comply with laws, rules, regulations and guidelines related to the protection of personal information, appropriately manage personal information as described below and implement other appropriate security measures for the protection of personal information of our customers.
- We shall acquire personal information of our customers in a manner that is both legal and fair. Unless prescribed by law, rule or regulation, we shall notify or publicize the purposes for using personal information of our customers and shall use such information within these limits.
- Unless prescribed by law, rule or regulation, we shall not provide personal information of our customers to third parties without prior consent of each such customer.
- We will strive to prevent the divulgence, destruction, impairment and unauthorized access of personal information of our customers. When we contract out the management of personal information of our customers to an outside service provider, we shall supervise the service provider appropriately, as needed.
- Whenever we receive requests from our customers to view or update their personal information we hold, we shall respond promptly in accordance with laws, rules and regulations. We also welcome comments and questions regarding the management of personal information of our customers.
- We shall provide comprehensive supervision, instructions and education to our employees who handle personal information of our customers to ensure that such information is managed appropriately.
- We will continue to revise and aim to improve our internal systems and procedures to protect personal information of our customers.
- We will use the contact information supplied by you through our website forms, social media, whatsapp and other official mediums to inform you of other products and services that maybe of interest to you, unless you have advised us otherwise. If you have provided your contact information to us and would prefer not to receive marketing information, feel free to inform us in order for us to remove you from any further marketing communications.
- We will never ask for sensitive information like your Credit or Debit Card Information, passwords etc. Please do not share these details via emails/SMS or on calls received from any individuals claiming to be from Tokio Marine.
- All personal information supplied by you will be treated in confidence by Tokio Marine Insurance and will be held in our data systems or those of our agents or subcontractors and will not be disclosed to any third parties except where your consent has been received or where permitted by law.